How to report an incident
Submit notice of claim or incident to your local/primary insurance company and your FCCA insurance company, Chartis on the day of the event or as soon as practicable.
Submit your notice of claim or incident to your F-CCA insurance company, Chartis via e-mail or fax to:
Fax: +1 212 881 9002
An FCCA dedicated Chartis Catastrophe-Go Team is available 24-hours a day to respond in the event of incidents involving multiple fatalities, serious injuries, or major accidents requiring immediate attention.
Chartis 24-hour Catastrophe Hotline
1 800 451 5370
In the event a loss occurs or is imminent, the policyholder’s primary duty is to act in every aspect as if no insurance existed and to employ reasonable means to minimize the loss and prevent further damage.
When to use the General Liability Incident Report?
• Injuries to others or damage to property of others resulting from your business activities or products
• Injuries to others or damage to property of others occurring on your property
When to use a Motor Vehicle/Watercraft Incident Report?
• Injuries to others or damage to property of others arising out of the operation or use of an insured motorized vehicle or vessel
• Injuries or damage following any accident involving an automobile or vessel
The actions taken immediately following an incident can significantly impact the claims resolution process. If an incident occurs:
• Provide necessary urgent medical assistance or treatment
• Call the police or local authorities to file a formal report
• Secure as much information as possible about the parties involved
• Obtain the name, address, and phone number of any witnesses and occupants of vehicles/vessels
• Immediately report incident to your local/primary insurance company and your FCCA insurance company, Chartis
• Admit liability or offer payment
• Discuss the incident with anyone other than the police or an insurance company representative
• Destroy or dispose of related/pertinent items
If you are served with a Statement of Claim, Summons, Complaint or Writ:
• Immediately provide documents to your local/primary insurance company and your FCCA insurance company, Chartis
• Legal documents submitted late could result in a default judgment against you